Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wood :: #3 in the Series

Last Spring I was working on a series using these wood focals gifted to me by Christine. It was love at first sight when I saw these babies. They are rustic, boho, tribal ... all wrapped up into one. 

I had two designs done quickly (right) with plenty of fringe, and I revealed these for the last A Time to Stitch Blog Hop (#3). And just a shout out that we're now all working on our #4 ATTS with reveals coming in January. Check the link if you're interested in a little bead weaving.

This third wood focal was giving me pause. I knew pretty quickly I wanted to pair it up with a ceramic piece gifted to me by Melinda Orr (yes, I am one lucky girl getting all these wonderful beady items gifted to me!). The issue was what in the world was I going to do with necklace? I tried suede (too chunky and hung all wonky), I tried leather (thin and kinda meh?), so I set it aside and my UFO sat there on my bead table a loooooong, long time.

But then I remembered these lovely seed beads with a copper finish to them (also gifted to me from Christine, yep lucky girl I am). And I remembered this great stitch that Christine showed me called a zig-zag. The metal colored beads with this stitch almost resemble chain. Very cool effect. I kinda love how it looks. And so did one of my friends. This one lasted about a day in my shop inventory before my friend took it home. 

13 comments:

  1. Love that seed bead chain you made for the focal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red beaded fringe necklace is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You have been gifted a lot of beads and then you play with them! You are lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The zigzag is such a perfect support for this focal. The piece from Melinda and the wooden piece go so well together! It looks like a house. I just love it! The added detail on the zigzag that echoes Melinda's piece is a really nice touch. I can easily see why this flew out of your shop so fast. And I can never see enough of the flapper piece and the feather piece :-) Love them so much.

    Keep On Beadin' On.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that chain! It's perfect with the pendant, which is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I had to come over here and read about that chain! Is the zigzag the same as the triangle stitch? It really is the perfect complement to the focal, which is totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi:All of them are incredibly nice.
    Fantastic colors and very interesting designs.
    -Warm Greetings-
    -Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cool - they will still be sitting on my table if they were in my house! I love what you have done here! The wood and the metal look beautiful together, especially with that awesome chain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That chain is fabulous! Love all your pieces Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all fantastic. The zig zag stitch look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All 3 of these are stunning! You are one talented girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the necklace. The chain is the perfect touch.

    Is the zig-zag stitch easy to do? Where can I find some directions?

    Carolyn
    Carolynscreations@live.com

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy